I was using XBlog as nice and simple solution for maintaining the blogs on Sitecore (at least for editors), but unfortunately the original repo has not gone along with the progress Sitecore XP does - the last update dates as 3 years ago for some Sitecore 9 related configs, while the rest of it is 6 years old.
I tried using the 'Sitecore 9' branch of the original repo but unfortunately it did not go well. If installing it from the packages - then it had minor issues even with declared version 9.X, which in fact in fact had the very wide range of changes int between of 9.0.1 till 9.3. Not to say version 10.* therefore:
I decided to refactor it instead!
You may find the successful result of this exercise published at my corresponding GitHub repository, that one worked out for 10.1 and tested well there, but since all versions 10.X share the same runtime it should work universally on all of them.
Few notes on what has been done:
- much unwanted legacy stuff such as support for WebForms has been entirely removed
- the IDs of items have been retained, so that helps upgrading existing solution with 1000s of posts
- there were changes done to reflect reworked Content Search of the XP platform
- found and fixed in Bucket items creation logic, related to events suppression
- serialization changed to the one using CLI, officially released as the part of Sitecore 10
- few more minor changes and improvements in references, runtime, confutation, etc.
Please also note: XBlog uses fast query which declared to get deprecated in Sitecore 10.1, but that particular code works perfectly well, and I cross-tested it in debugger to confirm: the fast queries return that expected result I queried. Just for the future references, fast queries have been used in
The resulted code can be found here: XBlog for Sitecore 10.1