Supports Sitecore 10.2. Supports Windows 11
SUPPORTS 10.2 ON Windows 11
It took me a month longer to conduct all the required testings for software and plugins supplied by me (in fact I was also stuck in Africa on the festive break), but finally, the new version of Sifon is available!
You can download it from Sifon.UK website, but the easier option would be using Chocolatey package manager:
For the moment it is the only software that can install Sitecore on Windows 11. Let's take a look at Release Notes for this version:
- supports Sitecore 10.2, supports Windows 11. Supports Sitecore 10.2 ON Windows 11!
- comprehensive testing has been done - many bugs fixed or refactored
- plugins were updated, consolidated with main functionality and each other
- it is now possible to mark a plugin with
### Requires Profile: false to make it run even without an active profile
- few features were temporarily suspended until got improved
- lots of new plugins including installers for the latest Horizon, SXA, Publishing Service 6.0 etc
- added support for Solr 8.8.2 and fixed a minor bug in Solr (un)installation script, making it genuinely universal
- added syntax to present (double)clickable URLs right in the output to help users with supporting info
Get-SitecoreVersion function that returns either object or string with current XP or XM release version
Verify-NetCoreHosting function to ensure minimum required .NET Core version (passed as param) presents on a target system
- since all the SQL Server activity goes through SqlServer PowerShell module (opposed to SQLPS) - it is now added to Sifon prerequisites
- and much more minor issues got tested and fixed
I also recorded a video showing how easy one could install Sitecore without having anything installed at the target machine (except SQL server which could of course be accessible over the network):
Hope you find it useful!