I decided to create an ultimate "boilerplate" solution for Sitecore, implementing all the best Sitecore practices in one place, well documented and cross-linked with the support on this blog.
As a multi-language website with Experience Editor (ex. Page Editor) support utilizing with Glass Mapper, Lucene indexes and test-driven codebase and much more working well all together - it will be a perfect place for newbies to familiarize themselves with Sitecore platform. It aims also to simplify work of more senior Sitecore developers in terms of quickly searching for desired features and grabbing them into their working solutions.
The project originated out of my R&D activities as I decided it would be beneficial to share my workouts with Sitecore community. Any suggestions, comments and criticism are highly welcome!
List of the features I desire to supply into Sitecore boilerplate:
- Support for Page Editor
- Usage of Glass Mapper for ORM purposes
- Unit testable code
- Synchronization of user-editable content from CD environment to CM and further re-publish to the rest of CDs
- Support for multi-language environment
- Custom Lucene indexes
- Custom personalisation of components and data
- Workflows based on user permissions
- Make all mentioned above working together as a solid and stable website
- Implement new Sitecore 8 marketing features on top of that
.. for the moment I have planned and implemented several of mentioned features as a starting point, so it is coming soon on GitHub and further blog posts here.