1. Canonicals - do 301 permanent redirect (this also works with HTTPS).
2. Rewrite URL lowercase - one more rewrite rule aiming SEO improvement.
3. Append trailing slash - this is another SEO (sometimes arguable) improvement. It is believed that having trailing slash on your URLs (except when it deals with file names for sure) will improve search engines ranking.
4. Query string rewrite - the example of extracting query string parameters and rewriting it in your own manner
5. Redirect to HTTPS - forcely redirect all non-secure request to HTTPS
6. Prevent image hot-linking - disallow strangers of reusing images hosted on your website in order to protect them and traffic.